Friday, September 5, 2008

Three Months Later . . .

We still miss you so much, Little.

The days have gotten easier, but they are by no means easy.

I am not often conscious of the fact that it is a Thursday morning (at the same time that we last saw you) and no longer haunted between 8:45 a.m. and 9:30 a.m. on Thursdays. I still remember coming out to the living room at 8:45 a.m. on Thursday, June 5, 2008, after dressing and gathering up my purse and keys so that we could take you for your last vet visit. I will always remembering seeing you sitting on the chair with your head resting on your feet. You weren't feeling good and had been listless for days.

I still remember letting you hang out in the yard for a few minutes before we got in the car, as I realized that we would never walk with you again and never again be in the yard with you. There would be no more walks.

Then, I remember the ride to the vet and how you just sat so quiet in my lap. I tried to stay in the moment with you, knowing that was our last car ride together. There would be no more car rides.

And I remember the painful car ride home without you. I can never forget. We will never forget.

But we will always remember you. Our family member. Our friend. Our Little Dog.

We love and miss you, Little Dog. Always.

No comments: